Thursday 23 July 2015

Introductions

So, if you are reading this - you have an interest or are bored!

Today is my second week of my traineeship, I am a receptionist for a RNIB care home and I really enjoy it - it makes me wonder about my own future in a sightless world though. My job is varied but still waiting for my Access to Work equipment to come so I can do the job properly. 

So far my week has been okay after some bad news in Monday. A little background is to come shortly but I was told that I am losing my remaining sight and whatever treatment offered will worsen it.

There is no cure for diabetic retinopathy; it can be treated by good control, laser therapy & injections to slow the irregular growth. In late stages, operations are sometimes required. 

I digress, I will have to learn daily living skills and mobility skills as a blind person. I am already a Guide a Dog owner can use mobility aids such a long cane with roller.

My blog is going to enlighten some of you into this world, as most people see me as sighted because I use my iPhone, able to travel across country.

Enjoy & please share and comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment